Our Why

BTS

Per NCAA research, 7.2 million male and female student athletes participate in high school athletics per year.  Of those 7.2 million, only 5.8 percent have proceeded to become NCAA participants at the division one, division two, or division three level, across 27 sports.  We believe that we can assist the 5.8 percent and the other 94.2 percent of student athletes in developing skills relative but not limited to: Education, Involvement in the Community, Networking, and Employment. Life after sports is a topic that needs to be addressed, but more importantly it is a part of the world’s culture than can be impacted in a positive way with the proper actions.

Our Mission of Bigger than Sports, SC is to partner with school districts, athletic departments, & communities across South Carolina to provide mentoring to student-athletes. We work to provide the student athletes with life skill development in which they can use beyond athletics, in order to increase college admission and post-graduation job placement.

Our Vision of the Bigger than Sports, SC (BTSSC) program is to create a world where all student athletes in South Carolina graduate and become contributing members of society.

Our four Principles of connecting, learning, teaching, and serving will guide our day-to-day decisions and approach to changing the lives of the student athletes we work with.